Today’s a good day for turning up the tunes. Know how I know? ’Cause every day is music day. Don’t you just love the smell of sixteenth notes in the morning?
Back in January, I posted about inspirational quotes from well-known names like Martin Luther King, Jr., Mohandas Gandhi and Nelson Mandela.
More lately I’ve been thinking about songs that inspire kindness, compassion and a general wellwishing for other living creatures.
Well, it’s hard to compare the likes of the Dalai Lama to Three Dog Night – it’s like comparing apples to orangutans – but do I think some song lyrics can be just as uplifting as those wise old sayings.
Today I’m posting just a few of my musical picks. But in the spirit of Fun Friday, I’m not divulging the titles – you have to click the links to find them out!
1. Put what in my where? [click here]
2. For those who don’t like peas… [click here]
3. You just can’t go wrong with an American Hasidic Jewish reggae artist. [click here]
4. The best kind of math… [click here]
5. When you’re feeling askew… [click here]
6. And finally, leaving out Satchmo would be just plain wrong… [click here]
I’d love to know what songs make you feel like hugging your friends, helping your neighbours, spreading the joy, picking up litter. Feel free to share!